Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Closing in on 6K miles on the stock tires and looking at replacement options. I dug through the posts on here and was curious on some current information and experiences. The stock 210 on the rear seems to be in limited supply for some reason. I am not opposed to going up to the 240, if it offers more than just aesthetic improvements. I have heard a lot of brags on Avon Cobras.

I ride solo and anywhere from a short 15 mile commute at 45 mph to work and return at 75 mph, and weekends are usually 150 mile rides with mixed speeds and some twisties. I would consider myself an aggressive rider, hard off the line and good leans in the corners, only an 1/8-1/4 inch chicken stripes on the rear.

Looking for recommendations on front tire brands, and bias vs radial thoughts, along with rear tire size and brand preference. I would like at least 6-7k miles out of them, but will give up some wear for performance.

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
4,450 Posts
I like the Michelin Commanders on my 1100 and Harley Electra. I've used many brands before and always return back to the Michelin. Good dry and wet traction with great mileage, normally 20k plus. Last few sets I bought from Dennis Kirk. Just check all the retail sites often as specials come and go.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Just acquired a Raider at the end of the season so I haven't ridden it a lot. But it has the Avon Cobra 240 on the rear and it corners well and has plenty of traction. Tire is relatively new so I can't tell you how long it will last but so far I'm pleased with it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts