Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so my indicator is showing. Not on the whole tire, but enough for me to notice. My new tire comes in Thursday, and will go on then. My drive is 12 miles each way to work, highway miles. In theory will I have enough rubber to last???

·
Registered
258 Posts
I would think so. My indicators were showing and I just completed a 1300km round trip. Even down to the indicators, there is still more tread left than on sport bikes. I just wouldn't put a lot of faith in it in the rain.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think so. My indicators were showing and I just completed a 1300km round trip. Even down to the indicators, there is still more tread left than on sport bikes. I just wouldn't put a lot of faith in it in the rain.
haha, I was in the rain to and from work today. I LOVE the rain, honestly. Cool thanks for the info, this is my first time hitting the indicators and don't need a flat on the highway.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hey, so my indicator is showing. Not on the whole tire, but enough for me to notice. My new tire comes in Thursday, and will go on then. My drive is 12 miles each way to work, highway miles. In theory will I have enough rubber to last???
Just me here. When your indicator shows, you have several miles left, but it is sayin CHANGE ME OUT soon, it is your life you are ridin on. In answer, I would not have a problem ridin till Thurs with such a short ride, just my opine. Do ride safe.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just me here. When your indicator shows, you have several miles left, but it is sayin CHANGE ME OUT soon, it is your life you are ridin on. In answer, I would not have a problem ridin till Thurs with such a short ride, just my opine. Do ride safe.
Agreed thanks! I'm just milking it until then. I have a Kenda on the way and shop on stand by for me that day.

·
Registered
65 Posts
+1, although kind of a moot point now as Thursday has practically 'come and went',,,,

I'd be extra careful when encountering puddles or any potential 'slicky stuff', but the tire itself is still structurally sound at the time you reach the indicators,,,

Like SB said,,, it's saying "HEY!!!! You best be shopping for some new tread ASAP!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts