Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
so after a 20 minute freeway ride, I whipped this up. Hopefully it helps

Others have done similar mods, and some have re-installed the bottom airbox with smaller filters. We shall see how it goes when I button it back up tomorrow
Tired of hearing your bike breath??? thats an odd problem, one I would never see myself with.

An even easier solution to your problem would be put louder pipes on... just saying haha

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ive got pods and straight drag pipes with no baffles...I cant hear my pods at all

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ive got pods and straight drag pipes with no baffles...I cant hear my pods at all
hey! Thats great! I CAN hear mine and I dont care to. if I want to be loud and everyone looking at me, I just ride my other bike, and if you are on my right side chances are youll hear that over yours too. The V Star is my "think Ill take it easy today" bike

·
Registered
570 Posts
I guess I am lucky, I never really hear mine. Probably wouldn't mind though lol

Do you use a windshield? Sometimes with mine on and with hard acceleration i can hear em...But I have only used it like 4 times in the last ~3 years

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Buttoned it back up and took it for a ride. The noise is about 85% gone and I was able to hear my pipes on the freeway not the intake noise. Yes. It was that loud! I even cranked it up to 95mph because listening to just the pipes sing was sweet.

After that I removed the pillon pad and dramatically reduced the size so it would look right with my self modded seat. I'll post a new topic on that later with pics once I get to my PC

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yeah I can hear mine on a calm day taking off but then my pipes take over completely. I don't mind it though I have never had anyone tell me they didn't know I was there.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took it for another ride today, and yup, much better. Its like a different bike. Before I HATED getting into it because the racket was just LOUD, and sounded like I was trying to kill the ting. Now, its all about the exhaust.. Just how it should be :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts