Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The time has come to replace the stock tires on my 2011 venture and I am seeking advice from this font of collective wisdom as to what brands and types are available for this bike. I would also like to replace the front tire with something a little narrower in order to get a little sharper steering if that is at all possible. Thanks....Tankerman

·
Registered
19 Posts
The time has come to replace the stock tires on my 2011 venture and I am seeking advice from this font of collective wisdom as to what brands and types are available for this bike. I would also like to replace the front tire with something a little narrower in order to get a little sharper steering if that is at all possible. Thanks....Tankerman
You'll probably get as many different answers for this question as there are replies. I have an '08 RSTD with 60+k miles on it I am in my 3rd set of tires now. My last two have been on Dunlop E3's the best so far. The last a long time, very little road noise. hold well in all conditions. I'll be needing a new set soon and will be replacing them with the same tires.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just put on a set of Metzeler marathons. So far so good better overall feel and sharper steering than the stokers. Time will tell how they hold up over the long run. Thanks

·
Registered
17 Posts
I now swear by Michelin Commander. I recently put on my 2nd rear tire. I was thinking that I spend an extra $30 for this tire than I did my last rear and didn't see any extra life. Then when checking my records, I actually got 30K miles on that tire! So I got another with no regrets.. Excellent everything!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts