Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know anything about this trunk its a good price considering I'll only going to use it a few times a year

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,791 Posts
It's like the one I bought and mounted on my 950t. We like it, you can put two helmets in it snugly. I had to fabricate some bracketry for it, and wife loves it so she doesn't have to lug her helmet into a restaurant, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,791 Posts
I sure don't, sorry, but mine looks identical to the one you posted and it was the same price.

·
Super Moderator
6,791 Posts
Anytime man, glad I was of some help. The brackets I fabbed were parts of exhaust clamps and spacers I got from a local hardware store. It was all less than $10 worth of stuff. Wife says the concaved seat area is comfortable.

·
Super Moderator
6,791 Posts
Mine said the same thing, I used some of it, however for me, I made the bracketry to secure it better. It's come in handy even I'm riding one up to store small items.
If you get it and have any questions, feel free to pm me and I'll be glad to help where I can.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
It will come with hardware, but they are to mount it to a luggage rack or whatever brackets you make. I spent a little more than Kieth. I bought 14 dollars worth of bar aluminum and built brackets for mine.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
There are 2 tabs at the bottom of the frame in the back. I used 5/16 hardware (8mm if you want to stay metric). Also a picture of the brackets before powdercoating. I used the small "L" brackets inside the large ones to make sure they did not flex.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
What about the bottom does it rattle against the rack

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
Nothing rattles. I put a piece of 3/8 plywood in the bottom of the trunk. I drilled through it and through the aluminum and used fender washers inside the trunk to bolt it down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I bought the same one on e-Bay for the same price along with an after market fairing for my '86 H-D Softail. Shortly after the installation, the lid cracked at the latch and shortly after that, the right hinge broke off!!
I was able to repair the damage and sell the bike. My 2013 Deluxe has one as well that has held up since the bike was new. YMMV!!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I have one and only use it now on long trips... but ive had it on gor a year... used almost everyday and no issuses... tho i am really careful and i dont beat up my ****... fits a bunch of stuff... bit it is kinda bulky... i would lile to get a razor pack, the "pizza box" style ones...

All in all ive been happy with mine...and the old lady loves the comfort... the backseat noise is something your gonna have to deal with if you ever do remove it... i wanted no backrest...she wanted the trunk... we/i settled on a back rest...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts