Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say goodbye to further forum posting and such. Lurk, yes..but posting to threads, no.

The short explanation is that it has become a irritant factor between my wife and myself (we got into a verbal dust up yesterday evening) ...I don't need to go into the nitty-gritty, but just wanted to say that I enjoyed posting...interaction, with you all, and will continue to enjoy any and all of your further postings and threads, regarding the SVTC, maintenance tips, trips taken, trips wanted to be taken...etc. So...without verbiage melodrama...salutes to all...and happy rides, this year, and for years to come. My Forum Posting days are now retired, lol...but for the sake of a happy marriage...and continued happy marriage, I don't need to make this a 'line drawn in the sand'...event. My wife, for whatever reason, is so VERY mistrustful of anything, 'Net'...and I want to put her feelings on the matter, as a husband, into a 'good place'. I'd rather lose the 'battle' about Forum involvement, but win the 'war'....on the great benefits of a long-term marriage to a great gal....just one with social 'Net' usage issues....

Taking my leave...and again, Cheers,

YamaParExcellence, or Joe, for short :)

Cheers!

·
Super Moderator
4,498 Posts
You will be missed. Good luck, ride often and safe.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have to say goodbye to further forum posting and such. Lurk, yes..but posting to threads, no.

The short explanation is that it has become a irritant factor between my wife and myself (we got into a verbal dust up yesterday evening) ...I don't need to go into the nitty-gritty, but just wanted to say that I enjoyed posting...interaction, with you all, and will continue to enjoy any and all of your further postings and threads, regarding the SVTC, maintenance tips, trips taken, trips wanted to be taken...etc. So...without verbiage melodrama...salutes to all...and happy rides, this year, and for years to come. My Forum Posting days are now retired, lol...but for the sake of a happy marriage...and continued happy marriage, I don't need to make this a 'line drawn in the sand'...event. My wife, for whatever reason, is so VERY mistrustful of anything, 'Net'...and I want to put her feelings on the matter, as a husband, into a 'good place'. I'd rather lose the 'battle' about Forum involvement, but win the 'war'....on the great benefits of a long-term marriage to a great gal....just one with social 'Net' usage issues....

YamaParExcellence, or Joe, for short :)

Cheers!
Sorry to read this news, if true you will be missed and hope that you will ease back into reading and posting to comments and being helpful. Stay safe. Thank you for your input and well wishes as I went thru my ordeal.
GARider

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

YamaParExcellence, or Joe, for short /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

Cheers!
Joe, I understand having a peaceful marriage. I have to say I really feel a sense of “loss” here. If you’d have been able (Dee Dee too) to come to one of our Meet & Greets you’d see what I did. This forum has a really great group of people. No weirdo’s or freaks or murderers or scammers etc... just nice people who like you have a passion for enjoying the open road on two wheels.
I really felt a great connection with you and had hoped one day to meet. Our love for this wonderful touring machine may have been the start, but all our PM’s have shown a kinship in many ways.
I wonder if we had met as strangers out riding if Dee Dee would have felt the same way?
At any rate, I for one will most definitely miss your input, your spirited stories of rides, your writing style which made the reader feel a part of what you were sharing.

You will be sorely missed!

May God bless you both & keep you safe. May his grace shine upon your many miles & adventures to come.

Your Friend,

Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts