Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I'm wondering who goes to bike rallies,never attended a rally,how many a year,wants to go or never will go.:cool: I hit at least one a year.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I want to go

I am going to Sturgis, come hell or high water. I am going to ride up to meet some friends in Nebraska, then on to Sturgis.

I am going to Full Throttle Saloon, Easyrider, Ect... Just to say I have been there.

·
Registered
102 Posts
We hit as many as possible, the first big one for this year will be Red River Ralley in Red River New Mexico gonna be about a 1400 mile round trip for us, we have a lot round our area, and we have our National Ralley called the Heaven or Hell Ralley located in Missouri just across the Oklahoma border. Just beware some ralleys are PG and some are XXX!!! But go have fun and you will know the ones that you probably wont want to hang around right off the bat!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm kinda confused on what to choose from the choices. But I went to my first one (AZ Bike Week 2012) and I think I'd go at least once a year. Wouldn't mind doing more at some point but I'm a bit busy with life (work, young kids, etc.) right now. Maybe when the kids are older I'll try to go to Sturgis and others before I kick the bucket :).

·
Banned
4,088 Posts
Bevo, I went with "never goes" because it is italicized, which means,,,, errrr,, something.
My secondary reason for that vote was because "What is the meaning of life?" was not a choice option.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I voted 'will never go' cause I went to the Galveston, Tx. 2006 rally with about 10,000 of my closest friends and didn't enjoy myself at all. Now if there is a rally just for old bald fat men on cruisers I'll go but otherwise, I'd just as well ride by myself and just have to worry about the cage dwellers trying to kill me.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I try to go the Port Dover Ontario Canada for a least one Fri. 13th every year. Last Fri there was 70,000 people there! Population is around 6,000. July 13th will be even bigger. Not bad for a one day event! :)

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I've been to a couple small ones over the last several years that were kinda fun. I'm not sure how to vote as none of the choices really fit :confused: . . . and i'm not sure i understand some of the choices either :confused:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Go to a local rally every year but would like to go to a few more but got too many irons in the fire to spend that kind of time. Has anyone been to a rally and felt a little out of place because you ride a metric bike?

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Go to a local rally every year but would like to go to a few more but got too many irons in the fire to spend that kind of time. Has anyone been to a rally and felt a little out of place because you ride a metric bike?
Sounds like my story :confused: Life has me busy lately (in a good way) :) . . . and yes i have felt out of place and even found my 'jap crap' had been spit on :mad:

·
Administrator
13,655 Posts
Has anyone been to a rally and felt a little out of place because you ride a metric bike?
i only feel out of place when i see most of the people are my parents' ages. the most common bike at most rallys seems to be a harley, but i don't feel out of place because of my bike since it stands out because i've made it so unique (my bear skull gets mounted to it tomorrow)

·
Registered
124 Posts
The one and only rally I've gone to (AZ Bike 2012), I didn't feel out of place at all. I even rode in with a buddy that has a Harley. I think riding in with a sportbike would be more out of place than a metric cruiser. I was told by other friends that there were a lot of Yami's at the rally but personally I didn't even notice because they all look the same when parked together. It's the sportbike that sticks out like a sore thumb. Nothing against sportbikes. I have loved riding them for almost 10 years. But the cruiser is my new love.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I ride with 4 or 5 guys with Harleys & have never felt out of place anywhere we ride plus a couple of sportbikes go with us & there's a couple of Honda VTX's that go along but I just wondered at some of the bigger rallys they seem to to be more Harley oreinted & wondered how who had been to one that rode a metric was treated. Plus not trying to start an arguement, Just want to know ones experience. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts