Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Hi Jacob,

In relation to what? Vstars are excellent running bikes. Usually its about mileage versus price. Especially if this is a first bike, it's likely not your last - so a bike with more "average" mileage (that's what I'd call that one) is no big deal. We tend to get CCitis around here. If it's a bike you are thinking about buying - you might want to post more information about your location, the bike's general condition and what not for others to comment on.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it's my bike but I was wondering if I should sell because it is getting to 30k... And buy a new one ... What oil do u guys recommend for the bike with this mileage?

·
Registered
51 Posts
if the maintance is done and the bike is taken care of it can last a very long time, my 02 cbr954rr has over 54k miles on the clock and my stryker i bought mid summer already has 6300 miles on it and the riding season is not that long in maine, my wifes v-star 650 has 5k on the clock her first summer of riding, just do the maintance and ride it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I got a confession.. I have not done a single oil change on the bike and I need good oil brands for this bike and filter as well.. Sorry for the noob questions ..

·
Registered
456 Posts
:eek: If that's the case I say you should keep it! Please please don't screw somebody over by selling it. Or at least tell the buyer it has never had an oil change. I really hope that I have missed a piece of the puzzle here, I have never heard of someone going 30,000 miles without an oil change. like WTF??

·
Registered
456 Posts
ROFL Thank you for clearing that up, that sounded way to bad:D. I either use Yamalube or Kenda equivalent, and I use that in both my 1100 and 1300. I don't think 30,000 is too much, as long as it has been maintained. I have seen many small bikes 250cc-750cc with that kind of mileage. Hope you get many more miles out of it!:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Too many miles??

is this to many miles for a 02 v-star 650? ..27,950 :confused:
I have almost 56k on my 2007 Vstar classic. It pulls just as strong as it did when new. I still get in the 50's for MPG. I change the oil & filter every 2.5k. In winter it sits in my unheated garage with a full tank of regular gas. Still using the original battery.

I expect to be well over 65k before this new season ends. I have no problems taking it anywhere here in the northeast.

Not enough miles I would say.

Ride it. Safe.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have over 30,000 on my 2007 1100 Classic... A guy at work has an 02, 99K on it; about to roll over the odometer.

Keep the oil fresher than the manual says (mine says something like 6500 miles... phsst. I do it at 2500) and put the miles on that thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Jacob,

I have a 2002 V-Star 1100 with over 30,000 miles and still runs great. I think as long as the maintenance is kept up on your bike it has many more miles left on it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts