Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After my bike dies soon after starting. Trying to find a problem I started disassembling it and found that everything is flood in fuel (see attached picture with fuel in air chamber). What could be the cause of that? I have cleaned carbs recently.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,843 Posts
Sounds like float needle is stuck open. It will only take a very small piece of trash for the float needle not to close and let fuel flow all the time. If it were me, pull carbs, inspect and clean. Float needle #6 in diagram. Don't mess with float as it can be challenging to get set correctly. Good luck and keep us informed.

·
Registered
6,693 Posts
check your oil, if it smells like gas then replace it. A little bit of gas in the oil will eat up your bearings.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thats not all!!! I specifically covered this in my carb rebuild video about the o-ring around the needle seat rotting!!!!!! The needle seal can be good and the gas goes around the brass fitting, check the video I test the seat listed as part 6 in the diagram

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same bike (2007 VStar 1100 Classic) and I had my o-rings go bad around the needle seat, it will definitely cause this type of condition. Give it a check to rule it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts