Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
its not just going faster than 70mph - the bike has enough HP to go 110mph

if it wont go over 70 it also wont accelerate like it should from 65 to 75... when you need to get out of someone way

and if its not running right, its running lean or rich, both of which are not good

·
Registered
Yamaha XVS 1100 Classic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Absolutely. Throttle fully open at 70mph in 4th gear And it just sits at 70mph, nothing more, try and shift to 5th and the revs aren’t high enough so it just slows down if anything.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
I wouldnt ride it till its fixed

the engine is so far off from where it should be

if its running lean it will melt the edges of your valves and burn holes in the crowns of your pistons

and if its running that rich it might be dumping fuel into your crankcase diluting the oil down like water

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
^ but then again... I have two bikes....

because I know that bugs-crawiling-under-my-skin feeling...

:^)

^Ursa hits 60mph in 3rd gear in about 4 seconds, still has 2 gears left, and another 75mph faster left on the speedo to go

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have 2 bikes also, the Stratoliner I ride all the time, the 650 I let my best friend use so he will have transportation since his truck died.

IMG_20200308_142411790_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
Yamaha XVS 1100 Classic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
^ but then again... I have two bikes....

because I know that bugs-crawiling-under-my-skin feeling...

:^) View attachment 92962

^Ursa hits 60mph in 3rd gear in about 4 seconds, still has 2 gears left, and another 75mph faster left on the speedo to go
Love them!
My old man has suggested taking the bike out for a run without the air filter tomorrow see if the air flow is restricted.

·
Registered
6,669 Posts
Love them!
My old man has suggested taking the bike out for a run without the air filter tomorrow see if the air flow is restricted.

just look at it

if its not white like this screen it needs to be replaced

but if you are not able to break 70mph you have lost about 30HP off your engine- nots not just a dirty filter, its like you are running on one cylinder

21 - 28 of 28 Posts