Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems like my back brake is a lot more sensitive/prone to lockup since putting my 4" control extensions on. All measurements are in spec per the manual. I suspect it's mainly just the geometry and physics of the more upright pedal position giving me more leverage but dang the thing wants to lock up at very light pressure; much more than it did with stock set up.

Is there anything I can do to tame it down? Definitely not giving up my forwards -- very comfy.

(2013 650 Custom, Drum Brake)

·
Registered
342 Posts
I used to have a 750 Shadow with a drum rear brake. For me, the best thing was to adjust it on the loose side. It would still slow you down good but it was a lot harder to lock up. Drum brakes aren't all that great but they can be adjusted to be looser or tighter depending on your preference.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to have a 750 Shadow with a drum rear brake. For me, the best thing was to adjust it on the loose side. It would still slow you down good but it was a lot harder to lock up. Drum brakes aren't all that great but they can be adjusted to be looser or tighter depending on your preference.
Thanks blueroadstar. Did this and it works great now - just adjusted by feel. I was wrong to stick to adjusting via the factory measurements after changing the geometry of the pedal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts