Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all 馃憢, I'm in want of saddle bags, drivers' backrest and passenger backrest w rack for my'09 Vstar 950. Anybody got?? Thanks in advance :)

Registered
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
Reactions: Cheese

Registered
I took the bags off mine. The stitching started coming apart. I鈥檝e got if you want a project. I鈥檓 in Ft Worth TX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
2012 Yamaha V Star 950
I just did it to mine, I got budget jumbo throw over saddlebags, just gotta get longer bolts to put my sissy bar back on.

Registered
Hey all, Got a 2009 V Star 950 with 87'670 miles, forks never worked on, never even cracked the open the caps, but lately, I noticed that the forks compress about 2.5 Inches when I set down on the seat at a traffic light. no evident leaks or anything. What would you guys/Gals recommend? Is it time to change the fork oil or rebuild and replace springs seals etc.?

Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
Hey all, Got a 2009 V Star 950 with 87'670 miles, forks never worked on, never even cracked the open the caps, but lately, I noticed that the forks compress about 2.5 Inches when I set down on the seat at a traffic light. no evident leaks or anything. What would you guys/Gals recommend? Is it time to change the fork oil or rebuild and replace springs seals etc.?
I would start with changing the fork oil and see if that tightens up the fork diving. If it does, great. If not new springs would be next.

Registered
I would start with changing the fork oil and see if that tightens up the fork diving. If it does, great. If not new springs would be next.
Thanks, Les
I was born and raised in Houston, a stone's throw from Almedia Mall, around I-45 and Fugua. the South Belt area.

Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
I'm in the far west side, Katy. Moved here in 1973 to attend U of H from DC, and obviously stayed after graduation. Wow, that sounds like a long time ago.

Registered
I did exactly that to mine before moving on to something else recently. Memphis Shades shield and lowers, and Viking bags and tour pack as well as the Mustang three piece seat. It was one of if not the most comfortable bikes I've ever had.

Registered
Speaking of bags, my factory hard bags are fracturing out from the side bolts. Does anyone know if the 09 factory bags are Fiberglass, ABS plastic, or some other carbonate? And how to best repair it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts