Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am back on the forum discussing seats again for my 2008 VSTAR 1300 Tourer. My wife does not want to use a gel pad / air cushion,etc.
What is the best replacement seat (Mustang-Saddleman?/seat combination to use?
Also, does Yamaha make a touring seat package seen on the Venture Model for a 1300 VSTAR?

Thanks again for any feedback!

·
Registered
160 Posts
The best in the business right here gl3 Day-Long | Motorcycle Seats | Russell Cycle
They are expensive but when you add up all the little extras like gel pads, airhawks, and extra foam you'll likely have ended up spending the same amount as with a Day Long. Mine should be here in a week! I'll post pictures to show you what it looks like, very similar to the 1300. The only down side that I've heard is that people don't like the look. I myself am not interested in how it looks, only that it allows me to put my butt in the seat for hours without discomfort. They are extremely popular with the but burner/saddle sore guys as well. With the front and rear seats done including the sissy bar pad, with an added driver backrest, vinyl throughout and heated option you're looking at $1500, but that's near the top end of pricing.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am back on the forum discussing seats again for my 2008 VSTAR 1300 Tourer. My wife does not want to use a gel pad / air cushion,etc.
What is the best replacement seat (Mustang-Saddleman?/seat combination to use?
Also, does Yamaha make a touring seat package seen on the Venture Model for a 1300 VSTAR?

Thanks again for any feedback!
My wife and I both have a 1300 Deluxe. She has a Saddlemen Explorer G-Tech on hers -- it followed her from her '07 1300. I have a Corbin Dual Tour. If your wife is mostly a passenger, I'd recommend the Saddlemen over the Corbin. The passenger seat on the Corbin is slightly tilted, and she'll keep sliding toward you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts