Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
curious if you have looked at ebay?

a lot of bikes parting out end up there

I dont know the most common place to find used parts - I would think a bike shop would always have a few bikes that are being used for parts

one of the great things about yamaha Vstar bikes is they use the same parts on all the bikes if they can - I noticed the grips, levers, mirrors, turn signals, tail light, headlights... are the same on most of the Vstar line.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
curious if you have looked at ebay?

a lot of bikes parting out end up there

I dont know the most common place to find used parts - I would think a bike shop would always have a few bikes that are being used for parts

one of the great things about yamaha Vstar bikes is they use the same parts on all the bikes if they can - I noticed the grips, levers, mirrors, turn signals, tail light, headlights... are the same on most of the Vstar line.
I've looked on Ebay. I found an entire throttle body assembly that has the sensor still attached to it. So I messaged to see if they send me just the sensor. Still searching around tho. But according to the fitment list, yeah most of them use the same sensor. I tried finding just the sensor itself on Ebay but it's about OEM price on ebay lol. Still searching around tho

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
no no no

your spark was retarded because your TPS was not working

now your spark will be properly advanced :^)

·
"Loose Nut"
4,644 Posts
no no no

your spark was retarded because your TPS was not working

now your spark will be properly advanced :^)
Good one!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello Gents, and OP, I found Amazon has the sensors at ridiculously LOW Prices, The part #'s are so close, same 3 wire Sensor, I just made my 2001 run on the 39$$ part VS 242$$ at the local dealer, Ahem, nice savings if you can solder, Best Regards.

I Lve saving money and being Crafty, Think way outside the box, Then apply Inside the box, all in fun... Dave..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts