Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Tps sensor

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  5-7Dragstar 
#1 ·
Wondering if anyone would happen to be parting out their bike or happens to have this sensor... https://www.partzilla.com/product/y...QWl0c75aTWmbBgZv8KaYAjnYjjRRtMrwaAlQIEALw_wcB

It fits a ton of Yamaha's and a lot of star bikes. Just need one to get going. The plug part of my sensor has apparently been broken since ive owned the bike and just noticed while rebuilding. Trying to avoid OEM pricing.

Thanks in advance!

#3 ·
curious if you have looked at ebay?

a lot of bikes parting out end up there

I dont know the most common place to find used parts - I would think a bike shop would always have a few bikes that are being used for parts

one of the great things about yamaha Vstar bikes is they use the same parts on all the bikes if they can - I noticed the grips, levers, mirrors, turn signals, tail light, headlights... are the same on most of the Vstar line.

#4 ·
I've looked on Ebay. I found an entire throttle body assembly that has the sensor still attached to it. So I messaged to see if they send me just the sensor. Still searching around tho. But according to the fitment list, yeah most of them use the same sensor. I tried finding just the sensor itself on Ebay but it's about OEM price on ebay lol. Still searching around tho

#5 ·
#7 ·
no no no

your spark was retarded because your TPS was not working

now your spark will be properly advanced :^)

Reactions: lesblank
#8 ·
Good one!!!

#11 · (Edited)
Hello Gents, and OP, I found Amazon has the sensors at ridiculously LOW Prices, The part #'s are so close, same 3 wire Sensor, I just made my 2001 run on the 39$$ part VS 242$$ at the local dealer, Ahem, nice savings if you can solder, Best Regards.

I Lve saving money and being Crafty, Think way outside the box, Then apply Inside the box, all in fun... Dave..

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.