Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My motorcycle 2000 Vstar 1100 Custom needs to go to the shop, but since it has no electrical response, it wont start, even with a fully charged battery, just a small click upon switching the key.

I wanted to ask;

I. Trailer for xport Needed

What kind of trailer is economical, and sufficient for carrying the motorcycle.

where did you buy it, how much, etc

II. My bike has tube style bridgestone tires, any way to fix/repair them in an emergency while traveling?

III. What economical motorcycle lift do you use, or make shift lift that you may have built with wood, etc.

thanks

phil

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Trailer/ tires

Sorry you are having trouble with bike.

Your V Star only weighs about 650 lbs so most trailers are big enough. Needs to be 8 feet long or more. You will need a way to anchor the tie downs. to hold it firmly in place. And a ramp to get it on board. If you cover the bike it will need to be a good cover because the wind. A covered trailer would be nice. U- Haul rents trailers if it is only once a year thing.

For the tires Fix a flat makes a mess, but, since you have a tubed tire you would throw away the tube and the mess would be gone. Most dealers have a repair kit and C O 2 inflater. Small enough to go in your bags. In any case since it is a two wheel bike these are only to get you to a shop. A new tire would probably be needed.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts