Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm looking at heading down to Daytona next week with a stop in Myrtle Beach on the way back. Wondering if anyone has experience taking their bike over the border in a trailer? Paperwork needed? Special lane going or coming back? Any feedback or input would be appreciated. Cheers

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks... I flew down to Daytona a couple of years ago and rented from Eagle Rider. Really enjoyed getting in some riding time after a long cold and snowy winter in central Ontario. Found Eagle Rider very expensive with surcharges added for Bike Week. So now that I have a truck and trailer I've been planning to trailer to South Carolina then ride the rest of the way... Cheers.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey everyone

Trailering down to bike week was much easier than I thought. I crossed at Detroit and took the RV lane, which is to the right of the car lanes when crossing the Ambassador bridge. I had my truck, trailer and bike ownership in hand along with my passport. I left the trailer side door unlocked.

After the swiping my passport, usual questions the border guard ask me to turn off the truck, took my keys and entered the trailer... Had a few questions like how long in the States...that was it. You have to pay a toll before entering Detroit and/or getting on i75. Truck and trailer was $9.50 USD.

Reverse coming home...had all paperwork ready at the Canadian border...asked me questions where my truck, trailer and bike were registered ( Ontario). Was on my way...no problem.

Took 23 hours to get from the Barrie, Ontario region to the Daytona Beach area. Pretty simply drive down i75. After careful research I decided this route - less mountain driving, less tolls, more gas stations, rest stops and places to eat etc.

Highly recommend going to Daytona Beach and bike week. Lots to see and do. Early riding, while snow and ice at home, was really fantastic.

Hope some of my experience and feedback helps.

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts