Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife and I are taking our first BIG motorcycle trip together. We are going from N. Florida to Washington DC. We are going back roads up to Gatlinburg then pretty much main roads from there. Anyone in the Gatlinburg area wanna meet up? Keith.. will we be anywhere near your neck of the woods? Or anyone in the DC area? You will have to forgive us for being on a CanAm and a Harley...lol. I will get another Yammy just not sure when.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,660 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. Only issue is you should have planned during the week of September 15 and meet a big group of us. Have fun and watch the traffic in DC. I lived there years ago and even though DC is smaller than Houston the traffic is much worst. Be safe and keep us posted.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a great trip. Only issue is you should have planned during the week of September 15 and meet a big group of us. Have fun and watch the traffic in DC. I lived there years ago and even though DC is smaller than Houston the traffic is much worst. Be safe and keep us posted.
Damn.. yea this has been planned for almost a year.. well the trip was.. The motorcycle part was decided on last Sun.. LOL

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
4,660 Posts
Just build in extra time to drive around DC. Commute times are ridiculous.

·
Super Moderator
6,091 Posts
Ill actually be in the Pigeon Forge /Gatlinburg area this weekend. It’s only 2hours north of me. I’d be glad to meet up with you, and it I don’t care what you’re riding, I’ve wanted to check out the Can Am anyway so that’ll be great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can't meet up but some suggestions: (I live in TN).
First, in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area, make time to visit the Titanic museum (very beautiful, informative and emotionally touching - good discounts with Groupon for tickets).
Second: if you have time, head southeast from Gatlinburg toward Murphy NC and visit Dale Weksler's "Wheels Through Time" motorcycle museum - it is a very cool and impressive collection - rare rides from the early 1900's, beautifully restored AND they fire them up for visitors to complete the experience.
Safe travels!!

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can't meet up but some suggestions: (I live in TN).
First, in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg area, make time to visit the Titanic museum (very beautiful, informative and emotionally touching - good discounts with Groupon for tickets).
Second: if you have time, head southeast from Gatlinburg toward Murphy NC and visit Dale Weksler's "Wheels Through Time" motorcycle museum - it is a very cool and impressive collection - rare rides from the early 1900's, beautifully restored AND they fire them up for visitors to complete the experience.
Safe travels!!
I go to spend a week in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinbug a couple years ago and got to visit all those :).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts