Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

Registered
2008 v star 1300
I agree , it's a great place to hang out, learn and laugh with many fantastic people! Welcome from Ontario Canada, please tell us about your bike (pics too if you may).

Registered
Wellcome from the FL panhandle.

Reactions: Tripp

Registered
Welcome from Pensacola, Florida

Premium Member
2006 Stratoliner, 2014 Triumph Rocket III Touring, '81 XS650SH Project
Hello Tripp and welcome from Virginia

Registered
Hello Tripp and welcome from New York.

Super Moderator "Loose Nut" - Houston, Texas
2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD Electra Glide Ultra Classic
Welcome from Houston Texas. Glad you joined us. Here's a few interesting threads to check out when you get a chance:
Yamaha Starbike Forum

Go to last page for current hunt

Ride often and safe.

Super Moderator
Tripp Welcome from Sacramento, Ca. Ditto on the pics. This may be the one of the most helpful and fun forums around. Whats the question you want answered?

Premium Member
Welcome to the Gnome House from Louisiana!

Registered
2002 xv1600as Midnight Star
Discussion Starter #15
View attachment 104681
Tripp Welcome from Sacramento, Ca. Ditto on the pics. This may be the one of the most helpful and fun forums around. Whats the question you want answered?
I have a 2002 midnight star - model xv1600as. I took it apart and painted it already being that I was painting in a body shop at the time of purchase. I feel like a dumbass saying this but I lost my only ignition key... I did go to get a spare made but they didn't have the correct blank to make it. I figured I'd get around to it... so after a locksmith came and made me another key (with spares) I have a blinking engine light. It blinks 6 times. I found something online that points to a solenoid but it starts right up, no problem. It does have an issue while riding though. Feels like a ln air to gas ratio problem maybe? It backfires from time to time but not consistently, it stalled at a light, and it just feels off. It has Vance & Hines pipes and kuryakn (however you spell that, I'm sure you know what I mean) air intake. I'll include some pics.

Registered
Welcome from Wisconsin. You are right there is a lot of info here. You can stop and have some fun also. Stop by often

Registered
Welcome from Columbus, OH! Nice looking bike! As you are discovering lots of good info and great people! Stop by often...

Registered
That's a nice looking ride. What is the color? Looks like a cross of orange or red depending on the lighting.

Registered
2002 xv1600as Midnight Star
Discussion Starter #20
I would say check the TPS, since it is carb bike Yamaha , one of the first things you check with any fault code on these bikes is the TPS
Thanks I painted it myself. It's candy red with a black fade on the other side. I'll get some better pics to post

1 - 20 of 28 Posts