Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost bought a Triumph Thunderbird instead of the Raider. If I had disposable income I'd collect Triumph's.
Love the unique Euro styling.

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
I think if we all had disposable income. We all would have a slue of different rides. I know I'd have some Nortons, some Vincents, several one off models. A couple of trikes. The list is almost endless.

·
Registered
5,378 Posts
I always thought it was a real kick in the teeth, for the show "Happy Days" to have the Fonz riding a Triumph for most of the show's seasons

when the story was taking place in Milwaukee, the home of Harley Davidson.

In the first couple years they showed Arthur sitting on or being around an early Harley (Winkler could not ride a motorcycle), but then the Triumphs started showing up as his bike.

There must be a story behind that. Someone controlling the show did not like HD.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I have to admit that I'm a Trumpet snob... anything after the Meriden built Triumphs is just a bike with an applique... just like all non-Springfield Indians. But I don't own a Meriden Triumph anymore because I don't have the time or desire to keep it running. I'm running short on time and still have a ton of stuff in my bucket list to check off so maintaining a classic like an AJS7R, Vincent or a Crocker as more than just a museum piece just is not a smart move. If I had the time and money I'd build something like an Arch as my daily rider and I'd emblazon my name 'Holgar' prominently on the tank... with something like an axe logo or something along the lines of Tool's wrench logo... hahaha...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts