Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did an install today using LED and a delay timer. Easy install and NO drilling. I thought about using another timer and having the remote locks trigger puddle lights. I still might do that. Added saddle bag switches. I think magnetic switch would have looked better but these work great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENC1YP0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9QJLI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MYCMNVV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
6,010 Posts
Excellent idea and execution. Looks factory and very useful. Got me thinking how to do mine. Just might borrow your idea, or is it patended? ☺

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent idea and execution. Looks factory and very useful. Got me thinking how to do mine. Just might borrow your idea, or is it patended?
I placed an order for a different relay. I don't like this one being open. I fear it may get wet under the seat.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,354 Posts
Excellent idea and execution. Looks factory and very useful. Got me thinking how to do mine. Just might borrow your idea, or is it patended?
I placed an order for a different relay. I don't like this one being open. I fear it may get wet under the seat.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
That’s why I sealed mine and placed them in the protected area behind the left saddlebag.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,354 Posts
That’s why I sealed mine and placed them in the protected area behind the left saddlebag.
Dang Chief! I was sooo hoping to make you jealous. I guess I'll have to go with the twin superchargers I've been thinking about.
Twin superchargers?!! Good grief! Lol!
Did I ever show you my “Knight Rider” light I have mounted in the dash? I have it tied into the alarm system so that when the alarm is engaged it’s doing a “Knight Rider” sweep. If the alarm goes off the light flashes. Makes a nice visual deterrent!
For my trunk light I have a flexible led light strip mounted on my trunk lid. It’s 4k lumens so it lights the trunk up nicely. I actually mounted the micro switch inside the trunk lock housing and have a tab I custom fashioned mounted in the lid which engages it to shut it off. I DO however like the idea for the saddlebag lights. Hadn’t thought of that one! You’ve given me a new project. Thanks Rob! 😉

BTW, nice job on the install. 👍

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a flexible led light strip mounted on my trunk lid. It’s 4k lumens so it lights the trunk up nicely. I actually mounted the micro switch inside the trunk lock housing and have a tab I custom fashioned mounted in the lid which engages it to shut it off. I DO however like the idea for the saddlebag lights. Hadn’t thought of that one! You’ve given me a new project. Thanks Rob! 😉
I'm going to take that as a slightly jealous and shelve the supercharger project. :) I thought about putting the LED lights inside the saddlebags but I believe it works better above them.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,354 Posts
I have a flexible led light strip mounted on my trunk lid. It’s 4k lumens so it lights the trunk up nicely. I actually mounted the micro switch inside the trunk lock housing and have a tab I custom fashioned mounted in the lid which engages it to shut it off. I DO however like the idea for the saddlebag lights. Hadn’t thought of that one! You’ve given me a new project. Thanks Rob! 😉
I'm going to take that as a slightly jealous and shelve the supercharger project. /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif I thought about putting the LED lights inside the saddlebags but I believe it works better above them.
I edited my comment so go check it out.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I did an install today using LED and a delay timer. Easy install and NO drilling. I thought about using another timer and having the remote locks trigger puddle lights. I still might do that. Added saddle bag switches. I think magnetic switch would have looked better but these work great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENC1YP0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9QJLI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MYCMNVV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

How did you mount the switch in the trunk?

·
Registered
60 Posts

Amazon.com: Prewired Surface Mount LEDs (5050, Warm White LED) - 3 Pack: Automotive
Amazon.com: ACDelco D6066 GM Original Equipment Door Jamb Switch: Automotive
DC 12V Trigger Time Relay Module Digital LED Display High Precision Delay Timer Switch Relay Module for Circuit Control - - Amazon.com

Amazon.com: Prewired Surface Mount LEDs (5050, Warm White LED) - 3 Pack: Automotive
Amazon.com: ACDelco D6066 GM Original Equipment Door Jamb Switch: Automotive
DC 12V Trigger Time Relay Module Digital LED Display High Precision Delay Timer Switch Relay Module for Circuit Control - - Amazon.com

I purchased the same LED lights and switch (no timer) and installed all 3 lights in my trunk. One in the center like you did and one under each front corner. Lights up my trunk very nice.
Thanks for the info on those products

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I purchased the same LED lights and switch (no timer) and installed all 3 lights in my trunk. One in the center like you did and one under each front corner. Lights up my trunk very nice.
Thanks for the info on those products
It has been over a year now, no issues with lights or switch. Well pleased.

·
Premium Member
2018 SVTC
2,354 Posts
It has been over a year now, no issues with lights or switch. Well pleased.
Thanks fir reminding me Rob. That’s another project I need to do.
Those single LED’s you used seem pretty bright. Do you have source info you can share? Also the switch you used in the trunk.
Thanks!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts