Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I did an install today using LED and a delay timer. Easy install and NO drilling. I thought about using another timer and having the remote locks trigger puddle lights. I still might do that. Added saddle bag switches. I think magnetic switch would have looked better but these work great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01ENC1YP0/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C9QJLI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MYCMNVV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Super Moderator
4,496 Posts
Excellent idea and execution. Looks factory and very useful. Got me thinking how to do mine. Just might borrow your idea, or is it patended? ☺

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent idea and execution. Looks factory and very useful. Got me thinking how to do mine. Just might borrow your idea, or is it patended?
I placed an order for a different relay. I don't like this one being open. I fear it may get wet under the seat.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Excellent idea and execution. Looks factory and very useful. Got me thinking how to do mine. Just might borrow your idea, or is it patended?
I placed an order for a different relay. I don't like this one being open. I fear it may get wet under the seat.

Sent from my VS996 using Tapatalk
That’s why I sealed mine and placed them in the protected area behind the left saddlebag.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
That’s why I sealed mine and placed them in the protected area behind the left saddlebag.
Dang Chief! I was sooo hoping to make you jealous. I guess I'll have to go with the twin superchargers I've been thinking about.
Twin superchargers?!! Good grief! Lol!
Did I ever show you my “Knight Rider” light I have mounted in the dash? I have it tied into the alarm system so that when the alarm is engaged it’s doing a “Knight Rider” sweep. If the alarm goes off the light flashes. Makes a nice visual deterrent!
For my trunk light I have a flexible led light strip mounted on my trunk lid. It’s 4k lumens so it lights the trunk up nicely. I actually mounted the micro switch inside the trunk lock housing and have a tab I custom fashioned mounted in the lid which engages it to shut it off. I DO however like the idea for the saddlebag lights. Hadn’t thought of that one! You’ve given me a new project. Thanks Rob! 😉

BTW, nice job on the install. 👍

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a flexible led light strip mounted on my trunk lid. It’s 4k lumens so it lights the trunk up nicely. I actually mounted the micro switch inside the trunk lock housing and have a tab I custom fashioned mounted in the lid which engages it to shut it off. I DO however like the idea for the saddlebag lights. Hadn’t thought of that one! You’ve given me a new project. Thanks Rob! 😉
I'm going to take that as a slightly jealous and shelve the supercharger project. :) I thought about putting the LED lights inside the saddlebags but I believe it works better above them.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I have a flexible led light strip mounted on my trunk lid. It’s 4k lumens so it lights the trunk up nicely. I actually mounted the micro switch inside the trunk lock housing and have a tab I custom fashioned mounted in the lid which engages it to shut it off. I DO however like the idea for the saddlebag lights. Hadn’t thought of that one! You’ve given me a new project. Thanks Rob! 😉
I'm going to take that as a slightly jealous and shelve the supercharger project. /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif I thought about putting the LED lights inside the saddlebags but I believe it works better above them.
I edited my comment so go check it out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts