Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure everyone has experience this at night and you have to pull out your phone/flashlight so you can see in your saddlebags or trunk. This is what i purchased at Menard's for $20. A pair of motion detected LED lights, each 50 lumens. I put one in the trunk and one in the left saddlebag. They have rechargeable batteries by just plugging them in a USB port like the one in the trunk. They come with those Command Velcro strips. See pics

Attachments

·
Registered
5,357 Posts
very nice.

I carry a $15 LED 300 lumen flashlight in the right zippered pocket of my mesh riding jacket all the time - you never know when you will need to see stuff in the dark when stopped on the side of the road.

·
Registered
809 Posts
You are the man! Great idea...and will mimic you! :)

My wife is going to say...I KNOW she will...."Hey Joe..., why didn't YOU think of this....like we have been bikin' for ever!?!"

Yeah....yeah...yeah....lol

Great idea!

Hunter, I noticed wiring harness hanging down from the right top quadrant of your Travel Trunk...all wiring should be tucked and hidden behind the cloth interior lining. Are you working on that wiring and have pulled it out for such?

Joe

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
You are the man! Great idea...and will mimic you! /forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

My wife is going to say...I KNOW she will...."Hey Joe..., why didn't YOU think of this....like we have been bikin' for ever!?!"

Yeah....yeah...yeah....lol

Great idea!

Hunter, I noticed wiring harness hanging down from the right top quadrant of your Travel Trunk...all wiring should be tucked and hidden behind the cloth interior lining. Are you working on that wiring and have pulled it out for such?

Joe
I guess the “engineer” side of me keeps coming out. I’ve purchased a 12v 4K lumen flexible led light strip and a micro switch. I’m going to be installing the strip on the lid and the micro switch inside the housing that houses the lid latch. I want mine brighter and will operate automatically off the main battery when you open the lid.
I’ve got parts ready, I just need a work break maybe this weekend to get it installed.
Of course I’ll send pics or maybe a short video when I’m done.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought some of the led lights that look like a wall switch. Can get them at Walmart or Harbor Freight for about $3. They have Velcro on the back and use 4 ea 3A batteries. I added additional Velcro and put one on the inside of my trunk lid. Works great so far

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its not. Hard to tell from the small pic. Those are my sunglasses. I tucked them there so there out of the way

1 - 8 of 8 Posts