Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

· Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,290 Posts
Reaction score
Oh and my gloves are black and yellow........ Get black and yellow trousers and I will just call myself the bumble bee...... Not sleek enough to be a yellow jacket.

:happyguys:
You realize this is what I'm picturing. ;)

Wheel Tire Sky Blue Statue

· Premium Member
'18 SVTC
1,160 Posts
Reaction score

· Premium Member
723 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The jacket arrived about a half hour ago and the thing is heavy. Even though I followed their sizing guide it was too small so I have to send it back and get a refund less $9........ It wasn't a Prime purchase, I should know better.

· Premium Member
723 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
sorry the jacket doesn't fit. :(
That's okay. I'd been mulling it over since I ordered it and been thinking I want the classic leather look instead so this is kind of a blessing in disguise. Matter of fact I found a classic Milwaukee Leather jacket in my size for $144 with zip out liner and side lace adjustments. I prefer it in a russet color but black will have to do.

· Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,290 Posts
Reaction score
Does that one have ventilation. Mine has zippered opening in arms, chest and back. Being able to unzip the openings really extent wearing in warmer weather.

Reactions: VStarArizona

· Premium Member
723 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Does that one have ventilation. Mine has zippered opening in arms, chest and back. Being able to unzip the openings really extent wearing in warmer weather.
I don't know but it would be my cold weather jacket, currently I wear a leather vest for warm weather riding.

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
Don't rush this one, you want to get a good one...you'll be wearing it a lot. The price sounds too cheap for a good Leather new, imo. Might feel "stiff" and be uncomfortable and that's if it fits. What about the Jacket type like you just got, except black. Dial-in the size now. Or same thing different color and size or brand.

In the end, when you get all your gear, put it all on and have a pic taken of you on your Bike please.

Good Luck! :D

· Premium Member
723 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Extra Large - Helmet

Extra Large Tall - Jacket

This size works well for me pretty much across the (name) decent brands

Keep this in mind at Christmas.... :ROFLMAO:
The problem is a lot of this stuff comes out of China and the Chinese don't know how to label American sizes, one might have XL labeled as 3XL and another at 5XL. Most provide sizing charts that marked in inches so, say a 50" waist/chest might be marked as a 5, 6 or 7XL. So generally I try to avoid them as much as possible and buy the American brands (even though most of those are made in China these days).

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
The problem is a lot of this stuff comes out of China and the Chinese don't know how to label American sizes, one might have XL labeled as 3XL and another at 5XL. Most provide sizing charts that marked in inches so, say a 50" waist/chest might be marked as a 5, 6 or 7XL. So generally I try to avoid them as much as possible and buy the American brands (even though most of those are made in China these days).
Read the reviews and what people say, if no reviews (or few) move on. I've been lucky, stuff has been true to size. But again, i don't go for China stuff so much. Maybe made there, but to an American company's specification, not a Chinese company's specification...huge difference..night and day.

· Premium Member
723 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Don't rush this one, you want to get a good one...you'll be wearing it a lot. The price sounds too cheap for a good Leather new, imo. Might feel "stiff" and be uncomfortable and that's if it fits. What about the Jacket type like you just got, except black. Dial-in the size now. Or same thing different color and size or brand.

In the end, when you get all your gear, put it all on and have a pic taken of you on your Bike please.

Good Luck! :D
What? You like seeing old, beat up beach balls in clothing? :whistle:

· Premium Member
723 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #58 · (Edited)
Read the reviews and what people say, if no reviews (or few) move on. I've been lucky, stuff has been true to size. But again, i don't go for China stuff so much. Maybe made there, but to an American company's specification, not a Chinese company's specification...huge difference..night and day.
Like you I generally avoid it like the plague but it had around 2k reviews, about 95+% positive. Figured I'd give it a shot.

· Premium Member
723 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
That bad, huh. :D
Unfortunately yes which is why, up until 2 weeks ago I had a good exercise routine going. Unfortunately I have two not so good knees with the left being really not so good, it "blew up" on me 2 weeks ago and again just last Friday. Hasn't done that this bad since 2012.
I'm still doing upper body work and will go to see my VA Doc next week for an ortho consult, possible new knee time for the left.
Oh and I haven't ridden my bike for about a month, tried to start it today and nothing....... I have good trickle charger in route.

· Registered
2008 V-Star 1300 Tourer
1,053 Posts
Reaction score
I understand, hope you feel better soon and ride the Bike. I take it pretty easy when i ride these days. Be 65 on October 23 and feeling it more than most unfortunately. Group of guys used to walk in the park around 9:00pm but we stopped for some reason. I walked alone last night, went by their houses and they were dark. Hope to walk tonight, if no rain.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts