Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Vstar 650 Classic. I came out to the garage and saw the first pic. That's not right. I looks like some type of tab broke on the upper left when looking at it from behind. I am trying to figure out what broke and what part numbe rI need. The microfiche parts show it from the other side so I cannot tell which part has that tab.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you think I might need both 5 and 8? There is no tab or screw hole. It looks like a broken weld and broken tab.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I think it's #5. Looks like it came off of the beauty ring around the lens itself. The tabs look like they catch the outer ring. #1 looks to be the adjusting plate that fits behind the lens. Just my take on it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having taken it apart what I think happened is the weld for the bolt hole on #8 gave way as that is missing. And the tab on #1 and #5 broke off. I am thinking about getting a whole new bucket, seems like a good time to do so. I've been wanting a blacked out headlight.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Unfortunately no. If you look in the second pic very closely at the top of the brass ring you will see a little tiny piece sticking up. The tab completely broke off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts