Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I've noticed while getting used to the 950 (with boards) is that I'm always moving my feet around to find the shift lever and rear brake pedal. I'm not super short and can reach them just fine but I'm used to sitting on sport bikes where your toes are always near the controls. Is this just a mental adjustment thing or am I doing it wrong?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sounds just like me when I first rode my 950. The heel toe shifter is something I had to get used to, but in a short time I became comfortable with it and would not want to go back to the toe only shifter. The rear brake pedal is a little high (for me) off the board, but again, I got used to it. If I'm not mistaken, there are ways to adjust the brake pedal and if there are, I'm sure someone with much more mechanical abillity will chime in with suggestions.

·
Registered
74 Posts
There is definitely a different feel to it, but after awhile, it will be second nature to you.

I felt the 950's floorboards were very comfortable and had just enough angle for me. I could take or leave the heal shifter but did use it.

I've read a lot of threads about how riders wanted foot pegs and as I remember, most don't convert because of how much work it takes.

I don't know how long you've had the bike, but I'd give it a chance to see if you can adjust to it before doing that kind of modification.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts