Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy from Dayton, TX

Well this may or may not be covered but I haven't found a thread with my exact issue.

I have a V-Star 1100 Custom that I bought with the pipes already cut right where the baffles should start. I bought the Max Air kit (before I joined the forum and saw the threads about diy pod kits). Anyway got it in and installed but I'm still backfiring. Tried 145/142.5 first, sounded better than stock jets. Tried 150/145 and went back to backfiring. Put 145/142.5 back in and I'm still backfiring. Also idle has a Harley lub lub lub to it.

I'm leaning toward trying the $20 torque cones if I can get them before spending money on new exhaust, but I was wondering if anybody had success with them or has a similar setup.

Also one diaphragm has the white plastic ring/spacer burnt and I don't know how much this is effecting it. I'm also missing a hose clamp for the crankcase breather, but again I don't know if this would effect anything or not.

Gonna sync the carbs today also and see if that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I cranked it with 3 1/2 on 145/142.5 set up. Won't be able to sync carbs until later today. Daddy's baby sitting lol.
But you don't think it's a back pressure issue. A lot of posts cite that on here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts