Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 v star silverado 1100 and my right front turn signal stopped working. So I took it apart and found that the ground wire was broken in two. I replaced the right front turn signal and when the key is on the right front turn signal light stays lit but the left front isn't on. When I flash the left turn signals both the front and rear flash normally and it's the same on the right side. I know both front turn signal lights are also marker lights and they're suppose to stay on while the bike is on. I don't know what I did wrong to make the left side not work. The only wires I disconnected was for the front right. Does anyone have a clue what I need to do next?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yah, to me it would seem that the circuit for that light is backwards.. So it's getting power when it should be getting a ground.. Could be something as simple as the wires in the new light were wired backwards.. I'd double check the wiring and make sure it's all going to the right places..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I rechecked everything and it seems like everything is hooked up properly. I even checked all my bulbs and they're all correct. It seems like the left light (which is the light on the right in the picture) isn't getting constant power but it's hooked up to the same wire the other side is. I really don't understand why it's not working correctly.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yah, I'm not sure.. I'll ask my father when I see him, he's an electronics technician and he may be able to offer some insight or at least a place to start..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I finally found the problem. After looking at the schematics over and over again I got frustrated and called my local Yamaha dealer to order a new turn signal. After I did that I disassembled the light all the down to the socket. I even took the socket out of the turn signal housing and by hooking the socket up directly to the battery I discovered that the blue wire (which is the constant power while key is on) was bad. It's amazing how both my front turn signals went bad at the same time and it all started with me getting new tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts