Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Turn signals

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cheebz 
#1 ·
Looking to get new turn signals for the bike. Wondering if anyone has gotten the light set up from blue collar bobbers and installed them on the stock fender. Their description says it will not work with a stock fender, but if there is a will there is way, right?

But if anyone knows a good spot to look for lights that will work I'm open to suggestions. BTW - my bike is a Vstar 650 custom.

Any input is much appreciated!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#4 ·
I have the front kit on my 1100 and it works great looks great and install was simple. It is a real bolt and plug and play package but for my current bobber build I am looking else where. I bought a 32 ford light off ebay and bracket for a lot less and am probably going to use LEDs for the rear and front over traditional bulbs for turn signals.

Its a matter of finding the right parts. But there stuff is top notch for sure.

#5 ·
Agreed, good stuff but expensive. I had a set of the rears and the part inside that actually holds the bulb broke and kept blowing the bulb. I pulled them off and now run without turn signals all together. But when I do put turn signals back on it will be LED.

#6 ·
I had a set of the rears and the part inside that actually holds the bulb broke and kept blowing the bulb.
Good info to know about. If I'm spending that kind of money, I want it to work right. Blowing bulbs all the time can get expensive.

When you mounted them, was it to the stock fender or did you have all their other stuff? That's what I'm most interested in, whether or not it can be mounted, with a few mods, to a stock fender and if someone has done it, what they did to mount it to their stock fender.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.