Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,741 Posts
Interesting question and I suspect it's preprogrammed in some tiny chip. My complaint is that they don't stay on long enough.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
That's a good ? maybe linerdave will chime in he seems to have an answer for almost everything.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Tiny chip

I go with Springer, it is probably programed in some tiny chip.

I have not seen or heard of any way to change the length of time for the turn signal. It is based on both time and distance. As I understand it a timer runs and is varied by speed. So if you are stopped timer does not run. Runs faster or slower with speed. I think the goal is about 1,200 feet.

Looking at the drawing the relay and switch seem to be mostly mechanical and a wire goes back to the ECU and the speed sensor. The turn signal does latch in but the only thing I can see to unlatch it is the ECU.

Dave

·
Registered
254 Posts
I use the KISAN, and have it set in the middle for more flashes. Not having the brakes on with that it will flash till it hits number of flashes. But the stock if your not moving it stays flashing. Hit button again to stop on the Kisan, but I forget if same way on stock. Brain Injury, I don't remember...lol... The Kisan will also flash while held/lane changes style.
Ride Safe
Hope kind of helpful...lol...

·
Registered
404 Posts
I don't know what bike you have but for the 1100:

Turn Signal Cancel operation: three things have to be "true" for the signal to auto-cancel after activation:

1. Bike has to be currently in motion.
2. Bike has to have traveled 150 meters (approx. 490 ft.)
3. 15 seconds has to have elapsed.

You can always cancel them manually.:)

·
Registered
30 Posts
All you do is push in the turn signal switch and they cancel out. That's what I do, because I feel they do stay on too long after completing a turn. Sorry DonDar you beat me to the punch, cancel them manually.
Joe

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bike and turn

08 Strat

Ya I do the manual canceling most of the time but forget then see it a block later.

Also on Strats can you hear the blinkers at a stop light, it changes the XXXXXXXXXX and I can hear them on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts