Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am thinking of buying an older Vmax and having a guy here locally make a Bobber out of it. They guy does awesome work but usually with Honda Shadow's which seem to work good but I want more Hp and grunt. Anyone know of a V Max that has been used for this and any pics of how it turned out.

Thanks for any input whatsoever!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Don't know. It's the first image that popped up when I googled "Vmax chopper".

Nice isn't the first word that popped into my mind, though :D

·
Registered
570 Posts
Looks like an old Virago, a Vmax, and the auto accessory walmart all had a bastard child, lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking something like this

this is what i found that I am thinking of trying to go for. Maybe not exactly but somewhere along those lines

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
That would be a fun project. Lots of welding and frame modifications....and some pretty big dollars. Not sure what it would cost to have that rear wheel made for the shaft drive...but I'd bet it would run an easy $4,000. I'd really like to see the other side of the wheel to see how the shaft is set up. I love the single sided swing arm.

That's a very well done bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am thinking of buying an 06 Vmax to chopper out. Does anyone have any ideas what I need to look out for on that model year? Like any known factory defects or anything?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts