Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've mentioned this in the other forums that I bug..... I mean inhabit. This coming up July there will be two motorcycle rallies in Oregon. Both are annual events.

The first is the Hell's Canyon Motorcycle Rally (HCMR) held in Baker City Oregon starting July 11th, ending on the 14th. I camp out on the Baker High School grounds which is fun. (Even though the rally is over the 14th, we don't have to be officially off of the camp grounds until noon on the 15th.) This is fun since it turns out to be sort of a mini-Sturgis without any of the wildness involved. Baker City Oregon is a nice small town with a nice small town feel to it. There are numerous, really good routes to ride all around the area. There will also be a concert (first time if I am correct) given by Molly Hatchet.

Some of what I've just said isn't in the website shown in the link but I get e-mails with more information than shown. https://hellscanyonmotorcyclerally.com/

The next rally is the Pendleton Bike Week Rally which is 100 miles north on I-84 in Pendleton Oregon. I believe this is the 5th year of this rally and I have not been to this one yet. This starts July 17th through the 21st. I'll be showing up on the 16th, setting up camp there locally, then helping them out with setting up whatever they want me to help out on. They will also have a concert over the weekend by the Marshall Tucker Band. https://www.pendletonbikeweek.com/

As I said above, I've already mentioned these two rallies to my Kawasaki compadres and now include my new Yamaha group crowd. I'd love for people from both bike communities come, have fun, meet, yak, ride and whatever else comes to mind! :grin: I hope some of you can show up!

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Interesting. They are close in proximity and timing. I'm more of a Marshall Tucker fan than Molly Hatchet but I see others on the venue too. I'm going to put the Pendleton one on the calendar and buy tickets when I can confirm all is good from the home front/schedule. It's a good days ride but not too far from the Bay Area.

Thanks,

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The good folks at the HCMR campsite (they're Baker High School staff) require the school grounds to be empty of tents by noon on the 15th so I've already secured a room at a local motel for that day/night. I can do laundry and sleep in a bed that night. I like Baker City and decided to stay in town for the additional day.

I can easily get up the next morning and ride the 100 miles north to get to the Pendleton camp ground before noon. I've not stopped in Pendleton before except to gas up at the local Flying J gas stop which was just off the freeway and obviously not more in-town where the meet is. By getting there relatively early on the 16th (the rally doesn't officially start until the 17th) I can get my camp site finished then and help them get things set up which they've already thanked me for volunteering. I've volunteered to help in whatever capacity for the duration of the meet.

I haven't got a clue as to what sort of help I'll wind up doing during the event. I don't really care but I'm looking forward to going. They do know that I'll want to get one day to ride the "Rattlesnake" which is 400 miles in length. Aside from that ride, I'm at their disposal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My wife and I have attended the Hells Canyon Rally for the last 5 years, it never gets boring. The rides in Northeast Oregon are great, we really like the ride over Anthony Lakes and up to Ukiah then over to La Grande, makes for a great day of riding and then kick back in Baker City and enjoy the people, the food and the drinks. We normally stay in Union at the Old Union Hotel, nice and quite and a great place to stay.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like Baker City. I'll be at the campground again this year. I wish that I had known about this rally years ago. We ought to meet up someplace there. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
750 Chris, We normally arrive on Friday evening, it's an all day ride from Medford, Oregon to Baker City, just about 9 hours with all the stops along the way. We normally stay in Union, Oregon due to most of the hotels and motels being booked up during that weekend. Union is about 35 miles north of Baker City and the ride is really nice, hwy 203 is a great rural road and takes you through Medical Springs and Catherine Creek State Park. We've done all routes offered through the Rally however, they never get old. One ride we are going to do this year (which isn't with the Rally) is riding Rattlesnake Ridge, it's about a 5 hour round trip from Baker City, it's OR hwy 3 out of Enterprise, Oregon. We've rode it once in the past and really want to do it again, very fun ride, lots of twisties. I would be great if we could meet up, it's always nice to meet people on the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts