Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Ugliest bike award..

7K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Sportsmanphil 
#1 ·
What do you guys feel is the ugliest bike on the road....

I vote anything with the letters B, M and W on the decal.

#2 ·
I would have to agree with you on the three letter decal thing phil. But I'm biased and very picky. To me if it isn't a typical cruiser style or something in the custom chopper realm, its not a good looking bike.

#4 ·
just spent an hour trying to find ugly motorcycles and i can't really find any i'd call "ugly". there are definitely some strange looking ones out there, but the only ones i'd call "ugly" are due to what their owners have done to them, and i won't fault the bike for that, ie ugly mods or paint schemes. but the worst thing i would call any production or modded bike would be "boring".

#9 ·
You certainly are entitled to whatever opinion you may have. I still think square headlights on a motorcycle are ugly.

A couple of trophies doesn't mean the square headlight makes a motorcycle beautiful nor did the square headlight "earn" those trophies.

#8 ·
The new Honda NM4. IMHO, the ugliest production bike of all time. Actually seeing one on the road only solidified my opinion of it.

#10 ·
The rearend of the victory vision has got to rank pretty high on this list. Sorry if anyone her has one but I just can't deal with that thing. Looks like it sould be flying in space more so than riding down the rd.

#13 ·
Well, ugly is in the eye of the beholder.

With that said, I don't like the massive fairing-laden highway bikes. I don't mean -any- bike with a fairing and bags, but the true monsters (e.g. goldwings) simply look bulky to me. Sort of total antithesis to what I think a bike should be - though admittedly I'm more a bobber/minimalist sort of guy. Perhaps colored a bit by the fact I like to do my own wrenching and such bikes I find near impossible to work on, just due to access.

YMMV of course, and you may think my bike is ugly... 'saright.

#14 · (Edited)
Speaking of massive wind breakers, I saw a Cross Country Tour coming at me today with nothing but eyeballs peeping over the fairing. I'm pretty sure the guy didn't need the shorty smoked windshield. From the front it looked like the bike was riding itself.

The bad part about fairings is that once you install one you usually have to complete the protection to prevent turbulence. There's not really any turbulence with no fairing at all. Wind, yes. Turbulence, not so much so.

#16 ·
Not for nuthin'... I think you maybe steered it that way a bit by starting off with "all BMW's" as your lead-in. Reading that certainly put my head in "classes of bikes" more than "specific monsters"...

BUT, I'm down with the hunt for specific ugly bikes. Will keep my eyes open and share! In fact there's a "rat rod" style bike over at my local dealer that would be a great candidate. Will get a picture of it next time I'm there. (I dig rat rods generally, just not this one)

#17 ·
I'm sure several will disagree but I'm not liking this recent fad of big front wheel bikes. Again, I put Victory in the fore front leading the big wheel craze, but pictured here is an Indian. Just pathetic IMHO.

#19 · (Edited)
In my book, outrageous and overdone is too easy. Splatter-paint it, shag-carpet it, etc. Meh. Real "ugly" takes work. It's got to be just plain misguided. Trying to do 'over the top' to me is less ugly than something that was meant to be good, and just isn't. A lot of the "OCC" style "corporate sponsor" bikes fit the bill for me on that count, e.g.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.