Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When my bikes good and warm i can push high 40's in 3rd gear, then onto fourth in 50's and finally fifth once i hit 60/cruising. Is this normal? I ride with mostly harley's and man they like to get up and go off of stop signs i was just wondering how much power this 1100 has that i'm not using!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I don't have a problem runnin with Harleys. These Engines have lots of untapped power. Pipes, Pods and go real fast.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
LOL was the guy above that said he had problems hangin! The ither day I was leavin Blockbuster and there was a Harley next to me. The guy leans over and says "Bet you wish you had a Harley!" Then he proceeded to try to start it. It coughed sputtered and died after three attempts I just pressed the starter on mine it started with about half a turn. I just leaned of and said "Not so much really!"

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i didn't say i had a prob hanging i just said they like to get up and go, i'm still in the stage of getting to know my ride so im getting more comfortable pushing her off the start is all. Haven't had a power issue yet :)

·
Registered
422 Posts
no i didn't say i had a prob hanging i just said they like to get up and go, i'm still in the stage of getting to know my ride so im getting more comfortable pushing her off the start is all. Haven't had a power issue yet :)
Its got a rev limiter. just twist till you find it. the bike will tell you when your pushing it too hard. :D

·
Administrator
13,711 Posts
if i had the money to get a harley, i would still never get a harley. harley davidson = hardly drivenson. nice story about that guy trying to tout his ride and u showing him up. sounds to perfect to have really happened

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Park more often next to Harleys, it'll happen to ya...

·
Registered
208 Posts
LOL The ither day I was leavin Blockbuster and there was a Harley next to me. The guy leans over and says "Bet you wish you had a Harley!" Then he proceeded to try to start it. It coughed sputtered and died after three attempts I just pressed the starter on mine it started with about half a turn. I just leaned of and said "Not so much really!"
Priceless.. :eek: :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
When my bikes good and warm i can push high 40's in 3rd gear, then onto fourth in 50's and finally fifth once i hit 60/cruising. Is this normal? I ride with mostly harley's and man they like to get up and go off of stop signs i was just wondering how much power this 1100 has that i'm not using!
Hmmmmmmmm. My completely stock 1100 does 40 odd in 1st gear, 65 in 2nd. At those speeds its bouncing off the rev limiter though.
As for hardly's getting off the line quick - i'm no harley expert :cool: but i do know that their 1600cc street bob has half a litre more displacement than the v star 1100 but only 2 more donkeys.. good bit more torque though, but they're also way heavier so they'd need it.

My 1100 does 0-60 in 4.9 sec stock with me on it (i'm well over 100kgs), it's also the 13kg heavier classic version... put a light dude on a custom version and you'd have 60mph in 4.5sec.
Doubt any hardly would beat that.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
778 Posts
I know I can get my 950 to 80 quite quickly, I don't think Harley is on my wish list unless a certain family member wants to give his away. LOL

Then I can trade it in for a Venturer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts