Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yamaha has a demo day scheduled at a dealership about 30 minutes away from my home on October 20 and 21. Info says specifically that they will have the Star Venture. Event runs all day, and starts on a Friday, so I'm hoping to try out a few bikes.
Dealership: Temecula Motor Sports in Temecula, CA

Also, the Harley Davidson dealership has one on September 30. I know this is a Yamaha forum, but the new HD models are extremely intriguing to me.
Dealership: Bigg's Harley Davidson in San Marcos, CA

Looks like I'll be trying out a few bikes over the next couple of months.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 2018 Harleys are intresting to me too. Never owned a HD, but that Heritage Softail Classic is appealing. There seem to be two issues to watch with the new Milwaukee 8 engines, oil starvation issue and transfer case to engine oil migration. I don't know if they have those issues fully sorted out or how widespread they are. Since they are putting that motor in several more models next year you'd think they have the problems worked out, or perhaps they were rare to begin with. I spent a couple hours reading forums on these issues to try and get a sense on how reliable these bikes are.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The Raider is very appealing to me right now except I want luggage and I've yet to see anything that looks good on that bike. Possible the Hardstreet slim bags but I'd have to see it in person. I'm not too far from Temecula so if they have a different bike line up than they had at Chatsworth a month or two ago I may make a trip. I love those come and ride events.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
... I may make a trip. ...
My current plan is to go on the Friday. If you end up there on the same day and are interested, let me know - maybe we can hook up for lunch.

·
Registered
317 Posts
On Sept, 6th Yamaha is announcing a new Touring model V Twin, no it is not the Venture which is the Transcontinental Tourer. Some speculate that it is ether a stripped down Venture or a new re-freshed 1300

·
Registered
35 Posts
My current plan is to go on the Friday. If you end up there on the same day and are interested, let me know - maybe we can hook up for lunch.
I will let you know if I do go on Friday Matt. At this point the way my week looks it's unlikely though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts