Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My idea was originally to change bike but after weighing the pros and cons I have decided to stay with the 2008 V Star 1100 custom I already have.

I really like the bagger look so I was thinking of the following:

I want to add hard bags and am probably going to go with the hardstreet bags. I will either have them painted galaxy blue or drop the coin to get the pre painted ones.

I know way back someone asked if there were photos of this bike with the hard street bags, but I am looking for the plus and minus of these bags. size on the bike, ease of painting etc..
My understanding is color-rite 5252 matches.

Any ideas or thoughts is appreciated

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Step up

Farmall,

Isn't the Road star Sort of like an 1100 with half again more power? Just a little bigger, same look. How could you go wrong? Maybe the money? Road star is the one on the calendar the most, most customized, and accessories I believe. Floor boards up a little, and you don't need to remove exaust to change oil. Of course you may have noticed I like them all. If you care to look at charts here is the Dyno.
http://www.pacificcoaststar.com/pcs/yamaha_dynos.htm

Itstime, sorry, can't help on your bags and color.

Dave

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
farmalldanzil I was thinking about leaping away from yamaha all together, but realized it was simply for asthetics. I liked the bagger look. Then after some thought I began to really look at the pros and cons...besides "them" being WAY over priced...I looked at what options are out there. I am not a name guy and am VERY happy with the Yamaha Line.

Yes Dave I am with you on liking them all. As for the oil change problem that is taken care of with the relocation kit. Thanks for the DYNO charts...hadn't even thought about that part.

I was simply wondering if anyone had any other viewpoints. I guess in retrospect the custom v star has fewer upgrades than a classic, however, I like the bike. The roadstars are awesome but again for the few upgrades I am talking, I think that would keep me happy another couple years.( or at least till I change my mind)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts