Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger bike. Right now I have the 650 Classic and it fits me quite well. Is the V Star 1100 Classic around the same size as my 650? I don't want to be stretched out trying to reach the foot controls. If 5' 5" with a 28" inseam if that helps.

Thanks.

·
Registered
491 Posts
From looking at the specs on the lengths, they are within 2 inches of each other.. I don't think you'll see much difference.. But, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Stock, the 950 has almost the same power feel as the 1100 if you were looking for a more current model. The foot controls shouldn't be a problem, but you may need more pullback on the handlebars. The bigger jump would be the 1300 but you would also need the pullback there, too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Have a look at this site: http://cycle-ergo.com/
It will show how you will fit on whatever cycle you choose.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I'm looking to upgrade to a bigger bike. Right now I have the 650 Classic and it fits me quite well. Is the V Star 1100 Classic around the same size as my 650? I don't want to be stretched out trying to reach the foot controls. If 5' 5" with a 28" inseam if that helps.

Thanks.
Your seating position on a stock 1100 would be very similar to the stock 650. There really isn't much difference in that respect. You may find the 1100 to sit slightly lower than the 650.....

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,508 Posts
I'm 5'5" with 29 inch inseam and ride an 1100 daily. My occasional riding buddy has a 650. We trade bikes from time to time. I sit more in my 1100 and more on his, I'm feel more like part of my bike. Hope that makes sense. They are both classis and very similar. The foot controls on the 1100 is slightly more stretched on the 1100 but very little. I have 28k miles and he has 30k. He has pipes, pods and a few other goodies, mine is stock. Power is close due the weight difference. My stock seat fits my bottom better. The changes to mine include risers and lowered the bike 1 inch. I can totally flat foot with both feet. If you are thinking about the 1100 go for it. If I was in the market for another bike the 950 is one I would consider for my daily commuting, but I figure I have several more years with my 1100.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts