Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just picked up an 09 Classic w/ 1000 miles on it. I haven't ridden in years and am looking for some maintenance and any other advice you can offer.

Bike runs great, and looks brand new.

Also, is it just me or is the brake peddle way to close to the floor board, and is there an aftermarket extension for it?

Thanks

mk

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Nearly new Classic

Sounds like a deal. If the bike sat for a while you might think about some carburetor cleaner, Like Sea Foam. We see lots of talk about gummy carbs every spring.

I see some talk of forward control kits. See some on E Bay.

Dave

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey all,

I just picked up an 09 Classic w/ 1000 miles on it. I haven't ridden in years and am looking for some maintenance and any other advice you can offer.

Bike runs great, and looks brand new.

Also, is it just me or is the brake peddle way to close to the floor board, and is there an aftermarket extension for it?

Thanks

mk
As far as extensions, check the thread below. EXNAUTI is quite happy with the ones he installed on his 650 Classic. He bought from Ziv. A link to Ziv's site is in the thread.

Enjoy the ride and ride safe.

http://www.starbikeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3718&highlight=extension

:)

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
A few questions to help you out. Where did you get the bike? Was it from a dealer and if so did he offer a written maintenance history? If you bought it from a private source, you can always ask if he/she has this history or where did the maintenance get done. If you can't find any of this info, I strongly suggest you carry out the big maintenance schedule from your owner manual. Could be a bit expensive if done at a dealer but if you have basic mechanical skills it's a nice Saturday job. Then you will know that eveything is in order for a great season of riding.

Ride long and safe

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Hey all, is it just me or is the brake peddle way to close to the floor board, Thanks

mk
You can adjust the peddle by moving the linkage to the height you wont it at. Adjustment is about 18" behind the peddle on the linkage and is a spline shaft and one bolt.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can adjust the peddle by moving the linkage to the height you wont it at. Adjustment is about 18" behind the peddle on the linkage and is a spline shaft and one bolt.
Cool, I will take a look at this tomorrow.

Thanks

mk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts