Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of y'all would purchase used accessories/mods for 1/3rd the price?

I scored a set of Star passenger foot boards and all hardware for $100 at the local independent shop. They look new and were a 20 minute install. The mounting brackets new are $85 and the Star floor boards new are $230+. I got lucky and saved big $!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Sure! I've purchased seats, highway bars, fairing and saddlebags all secondhand and at a good discount from new.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Sounds like a killer deal to me I paid full price for my passenger floorboards wish I had got a deal like that

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I have no issues buying used. As long as it's in good shape.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The only reason I ask is two friends came by when I was installing the floorboards and they gave me a hard time for putting "used crap" (their words) on my bike. I'm thinking they were envious.

The boss lady loves them. I appreciate the confirmation of my first thought, it was a killer deal.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
90% of the stuff on my bike was used.

Some people just don't have the ability to adapt, fix or update things so they need to buy new stuff. I love it because that means there will more used stuff out there soon. lol

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
The only reason I ask is two friends came by when I was installing the floorboards and they gave me a hard time for putting "used crap" (their words) on my bike. I'm thinking they were envious.

/QUOTE]

Some folks are always hating. They were just jealous you found them before they did! :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Nothing wrong with used as long as it does what you want it to do. I am about to put up a bunch of used 650 parts for sale.

My Victory is at the Vic Shop in Iowa. He found a nasty scratch in one of the cylinders. He suggested it get replaced. Well, since he installs many big bore kits he had stock cylinders laying around. Many of them with less miles on then my engine because guys got the big bore kit immediately. As long as he said they were good cylinders I said he could use one of them.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Risser Rasser snaggle frasser #$%^@!#$!!! I thought you were selling!!!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Risser Rasser snaggle frasser #$%^@!#$!!! I thought you were selling!!!
Sorry sparkn! Seems the independent shop near me sells the used accessories they remove for customers when the customers don't want them. They might discount new parts on a trade-in basis, I'm not sure. The previous owner of the floor boards said his wife didn't like them! I don't understand that but apparently that's what created the surplus used ones I bought.

This independent shop does some mods and custom work for owners so they have some parts occasionally. The owner told me to call or stop by every so often, he may have more goodies.

They ordered some highway pegs for me yesterday the shop called today and said they were in. Same price as online vendors no shipping and next day service. I couldn't ask for better service.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts