Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2010 RS Silverado. Only 6600 miles on it. Gonna drain the fuel and I was wondering if it would be ok to use an injector cleaner additive to the gas. First, is this a good idea, and second which brand would you recommend? Thanks.

· Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,290 Posts
Reaction score
I use Seafoam several times a year. Appears to help keep the system clean. Never in years have I had an issue using it.

· Registered
50 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will post pics once it arrives. First stop is my local Yamaha dealer. New tires (the ones on it are 12 years old) and a new final drive belt. Relatively cheap insurance.
BG 44k.

Safe for O2 sensors.
3 oz in 4 gallons, stuff works.
Thanks. I'll take a look!

· Administrator - "Loose Nut" - Bandera, Texas
2001 VS1100 Classic (sold), 2006 HD EG(totaled) 2006 Vulcan 900 and 2019 HD Freewheeler (current)
15,290 Posts
Reaction score
Interesting, several times a year. For me, usually once in the spring start up and maintenance. Do you feel the need or benefit for multiple times a year ?
Got in the habit when I lived in Houston. With humidity and huge rains due to hurricanes, many times you would get fuel with high water content. I had seen many fuel systems get contaminated so I tried to stay proactive.

Reactions: Jspree

· Registered
18 Posts
Reaction score
The way I understand it, Berrymans is designed for fuel injected engines. Seafoam is for carburators. I've used them both and see no difference. They both work for me. I've heard this ATS brand is very good, but it's too expensive for me.

· Registered
50 Posts
Reaction score
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting, several times a year. For me, usually once in the spring start up and maintenance. Do you feel the need or benefit for multiple times a year ?
I know what you mean about this humid air/hurricanes. I live in Rockport...in an RV park! Ground zero for Harvey. Ya'll got hammered in Houston as well. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts