Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I am excited to join the V Star family.

A little background. I have wanted to own a cruiser ever since I was a kid. Growing up in southern California I road lots of dirt bikes and a little street (borrowing friends scooters or bullet bikes). But due to an ATV incident of my own and my brother's accident that nearly cost him his leg I was reticent about owning a bike of my own.

Finally at 35 years of age with a wife, three kids and one on the way I purchased a small V Star 250 and decided to get familiar with the cruiser experience. After 2 months of riding I upgraded to a 1100 V Star Classic and absolutely love it. I find myself volunteering for every errand possible so I can get on and ride.

Today it is raining but I am not too bummed because it is helping with the multiple fires here in Utah.

My ride has the Highway Hawk turndowns and my little girl loves their sound. When I was doing some research late at night before my upgraded purchase I was watching online videos to get a feel for the type of sound. Now whenever I get on the computer she runs over and says "bike" and makes me play the online video of the Highway Hawks just so she can hear it. It is hilarious. Nothing compares to the look and feel of a cruiser and I am stoked to finally be an owner.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome to a great forum :D

·
Registered
794 Posts
Welcome! and grats on picking the best bike ever :) I see a future female rider in your pic. Adorable!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts