Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the before mentioned exhaust. They sound good, i like them, but wish they were just a bit louder at idle and cruise.

I dont want to take out the baffles completely, I dont want to loose all the back pressure, but im thinking of taking out the baffles and unpacking them, so there is just the baffle with NO fiberglass/stove rope wrap around it and putting them back...

Has anyone ever done this on this exhaust?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I had these slip-ons before I bought my Roadburner system and did the same thing.

There will be a a slight improvement in sound, but I was much happier with the sound from the full exhaust.

I say try it first and see, doesn't cost anything :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
That is exactly what I did. I love that sound. Loud when you get on it, but won't make you deaf at highway speeds. With the baffles out, it sounded cheap, kind of hollow. I think smaller diameter pipes sound better without baffles, but that's just me. Mine was OK when we had REAL gasoline. When they started adding ethanol I had to rejet.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, so I did it. Sounds deeper for sure. And just like I was hoping, idle and cruise is a bit louder. Not much, but just noticeable.

Highly suggested to anyone that wants a bit more out of their V&H's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts