Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all;

I am the proud owner of a 2007 Vstar 1100 Classic. I am planning on installing some hard saddlebags and in order to buy the correct mounting kit i need to know what the diameter of the stock pipes is (at their widest point)?

When I bought the bike it already had Cobra slash down pipes on it - 3" diameter and the manufacturer says that the bike specific mount kit for the hardbags can fit the bags as close as 1cm to the pipes (stock) so I need to know if my pipes are much larger than stock?

Would appreciate any help with this;

Paul

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
Welcome. Sorry i can't help with your exhaust issues. Try going to starmotorcycle.com. I believe i was able to find breakdown pics there. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Pipe

Well I braved the cold and garbed the dial calipers went to the shop;)
My 1100 Silverado has OEM hard leather bags that are 2 1/4" above my stock pipes that have a O.D. of 3 5/8" see if that will help.:D

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys are awesome - I love this site!

I only just bought my 1100 classic and haven't even ridden it yet as I live in Canada BC and it's very cold and snow on the ground - so all I'm doing is polishing and ordering parts like the saddlebags getting her geared up for Summer.

All the best to everyone and thanks again;

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts