Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2004 V-Star 1100 had been sitting for awhile and was running rough, not wanting to idle and hard to start. I cleaned out both carbs and it starts well but now it is pouring fuel out of the overflow tube. I figured a had a stuck float but I've checked that in both carbs. The when I pulled the tank and air box the left (front) carb has gas puddled in the boot.

I know it must be something obvious but I'm stuck. Does anyone have any ideas on what else to check?

Thanks for any assistance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that's what I thought when I tore it apart the first two times. I apparently missed something though because after the third attempt it starts well, idles, and runs without pouring fuel any longer. Now I just need to figure out why it backfires from that same front carb/cylinder intermittently.

Thanks for the advice. You confirmed my first thought but convinced me to give it another try which worked for the fuel spilling issue.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem with my carbs. One of the cylinders is running a little rougher than the other. I was told that one was a master cylinder and the other a slave. I know that there is an adjustment in between the carbs but I am not sure which way to adjust the screw. Anybody have an idea?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts