Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helloooo from FLA... Hows everything going for ya? I Recently purchased an 1100 VStar 2001.. I have another bike but could not pass this sweet deal up.... Sweet bike........... Need more info on this awesome bike...Looking forward to all that goes with a forum !!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just started riding back in May, i bought a 2000 1100 custom having about 5100 miles. i have about 7000 now as of nov and really enjoy riding. i havent had any problems at all so far and it is a nice looking ride. i have been adding a few things as i go along, saddle bags and supports, iso grips, luggage, highway bars, tank/tool/window bags, headlight visor,horn cover, sheep skin cover on seat, new battery and external charger connection, throttle rocker, air cleaner insert, helmet relocation kit, riding gear. I may get seat and exh upgrades next year if funds permit. Since I dont need the best and most expensive i may look for some deals on the seat and pipes, i am in no hurry and the ones i have are fine for me and the 100 mile trips i normally do. it has been a good bike so far. i had a problem with starting when cold but it was a battery problem. ride safely and enjoy your bike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
r

I bought this 2001 Vstar classic a couple of weeks ago.. Real nice so far.. (I have another bike I tricked out and ride it almost daily) I am going through this bike (The Vstar) and noting what needs to be replaced and what needs to be upgraded... The bike already had alot of upgrades done like; Rejet, KN, Loud kick butt Pipes :D, saddle bags, sport wind shield.... I put kickback risers on, the drivers backrest was the wrong one sent to me (I guess the store owner has no intentions on making it right) so we now will do a mod to make it fit... I ordered an oil filter relocation kit so changing the oil and filter will be a breeze.. After reading about the inferior wires used between the battery and starter, I ordered Maxair "Fire Wires" To save on the battery and starter wear and tear from the hard starts... Not done yet.... Dee

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey man i have a 2002 1100 classic. great bikes. best upgrades i made were to rejet, add a new exhaust (cobra power pro 2-into-1), and to add an oil relocation kit. maintenance isn't too bad if you have a repair manual (which is another must-have). hope you're enjoying the bike!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.