Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New in the forum, looking for some help on fixing issues on my bike.

I own an '08 V star 1100 Silverado and do my own repairs at a DIY garage.

hoping to find some good info and possibly ideas for future customization projects
and of course if I can help anyone in any way I'd be more than glad to.

·
2,387 Posts
Welcome from the Maritimes. You came to the right place. There are lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here more than willing to help out. Love to see a pic of your ride.

·
Super Moderator "Loose Nut"
5,135 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,305 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. I agree with others about pics. Any specific issues you’re having?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Keith,

Pics I've uploaded to my album. Will try to create an account to host images online so that I can post on this thread.

About the issues, my main issue currently is that my choke is not working properly.
When I try to start my bike cold and I engage the choke fully, the bike shuts off. Even if
I get it to run (idle) and I engage the choke it shuts off.

A little context: I changed the stock pipes last year for Cobra Shotguns and I re-jet the carbs to the Stage 1
Cobra jets. The one thing I did NOT do is adjust the PMS needle (left it as stock).
I do my repairs in a DIY garage and time was running out and I was lazy...anyways, from other posts
I've come to the conclusion that because I left the PMS setting untouched, when I'm engaging the choke
I'm basically drowning the carbs and that's why it cant sustain combustion. This is all in theory based on
what was explained to me; so again in THEORY I have to adjust the PMS as recommended by Cobra which
will make the mixture "leaner" thus when the bike is cold and I engage the choke it will enrich the mixture but not so rich that it will drown it as it is doing now.

I've booked some time this weekend to see if I can fix it as the riding season is just starting in Toronto.

I will update as I find out if all the theory is correct lol

I also want to do some mods but that wont happen until I sort this issue out with the choke.

Welcome to the forum from East Tennessee. I agree with others about pics. Any specific issues you’re having?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts