Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I'm debating a 1300 Tourer vs. 1300 Deluxe. Since there are no Deluxe models near me, I have a few questions for those who have rode (or heard about) both of them:

1) The Batwing fairing concerns me (I've never used one before). How far downward I can see? I sometimes find myself looking down low in front of me through my lexan windshield. How far down can you see on the batwing? It seems the solid portion will only allow me to look straight ahead, but not down at all. BTW: I'm 5'11" tall.

2) Wind protection & buffeting: does the Batwing or Touring windshield offer better wind protection, less buffeting & less vibration? It seems the batwing is wider in places, but doesn't extend as low as the lexan windshield on the Tourer.

3) Other than price, are there any disadvantages with the Deluxe versus the Tourer?

Thanks!
Gary

·
Registered
417 Posts
On the Deluxe you can't see the front wheel except under the fairing. You can see the axle area and part of the caliper by looking under the fairing. Don't know why that would be important. I can see about 5 or six feet in front of the bike through the Deluxe windshield.

There is some air below the fairing but I like the fairing, stereo (it's good but not awesome), the GPS etc on the Deluxe. I'm 6' tall and can easily see over the windshield. I think the fairing improves visibility but that too is only my opinion.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Turned my 2012 Tourer into a Deluxe.
Less wind on your body and hands but you still get the buffeting from underneath.
Needs lower shields on either bike.
You shouldn't have any issues with the batwing.
My opinion, spend the extra and get the Deluxe.
You'll be glad you did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts