Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 v star 1300 and tried to get into the headlight bucket to find a wire to power some accessories.

After removing the darn running lights and the windshield and four bolts on the headlight bucket I still cannot seem to open the thing up.

I did not want to star prying it open. What is the trick here.

Also is there going to be anything in there to tie my heated hand grips, CB radio and heated jacket to.

I was planning on going back under the seat to some switched line with maybe a relay tied to the battery to power these accessories. Pulling that tank off got complicated since I could not see a way to disconnect the rear fuel line without having fuel drain out.

Pulling a headlight apart or a tank off should not be this difficult

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have had mine apart a few times, it's been awhile since last time. It's not as hard as you make it sound, I don't remember off hand how many screws there are 3 I think??? Mine is snug to get apart with the screws removed. If I remember right the screws are in an awkward position, if you have a light bar you will have to remove it first to get access to the screws. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've struggled with this too on my 1100. I found that once the retaining ring screws are removed, I've been able to get it open by wiggling it and pulling on the bottom of the lens's retaining ring. I've resisted the temptation to pry it off with a tool. Getting it back together properly was an equally challenging feat.
Such trivial experiences with wrenching on my bike have led me to seek the help of a professional mechanic whenever possible. I don't seem to be mechanically inclined, but have the wisdom to accept this sad fact.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Two alan key screws on top, two on the bottom about a half inch from the front trim ring, unscrew them, dig your nails under the trim ring and pull it off, once you do it, real simple.
+1 What he said ......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts