Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings. My wife and I recently purchased a new 2013 V Star 250 so she could join in on the fun. As a real short-legged gal, this was the only bike with a low enough seat. Unfortunately, she also has small hands, and like many others have complained here, cannot operate the clutch with its engagement zone at near-full-extension of the clutch lever. Heck, my ride is a big H-D, and I even have trouble with her clutch. Anyone have a solution? Thanks

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
IMHO both the Yamaha vstar bikes and the Kawasaki Ninja's all have short friction zones. After you get used to it, you don't even notice...

·
Registered
340 Posts
IMHO both the Yamaha vstar bikes and the Kawasaki Ninja's all have short friction zones. After you get used to it, you don't even notice...
Probably true, but I'm still riding my Honda too and it takes me a bit to adjust to the smaller zone on the Star.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Do you know anyone who can fab up a new lever or make some mods to this one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks Murrayt. Unfortunately, that is not available for the 250.

The Clevver can be adapted to the Custom models by switching out the Custom lever housing with the Classic lever housing.

This is done by removing the left grip, switch housing and lever housing, installing the Clevver and Classic lever housing, and remounting the switch holder and grip.

I'm thinking unless then Bars are different diameter it should work fine but maybe I'm missing something else.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I'm sure the Cleaver is great, but I'm with Annie. It may be worth spending an afternoon in a parking lot to see if your wife adjusts to the small friction zone. It buged me at first, but now I really don't notice it at all. In fact I kind of like it when I'm shifting. Anyway to each his own and I hear that the Cleaver will work great.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts