Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What did they change from 2007 to 2008 on a V-star 650 classic?

The reason I ask is that I can find very good prices on hard saddle bags for a 2007 650 classic but i don"t know if they would fit on my 2008. They look the same in internet pictures but thought i would ask here.

Many thanks :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Far as I know there isn't a bit of difference between them. I have the 2009 Classic and looked at an older one just last summer in a parking lot. I couldn't find anything that didn't look identical to mine. Well, the one thing is that the older ones will say YAMAHA on the side covers (battery cover) and the really early ones have foot pegs instead of floorboards. Other than that they didn't change anything major.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Far as I know there isn't a bit of difference between them. I have the 2009 Classic and looked at an older one just last summer in a parking lot. I couldn't find anything that didn't look identical to mine. Well, the one thing is that the older ones will say YAMAHA on the side covers (battery cover) and the really early ones have foot pegs instead of floorboards. Other than that they didn't change anything major.
Awesome, thanks Dave! Whether it says Yammy on the side or not make little difference to me........Looks like some hard saddle bags are in my future :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts