Yamaha Starbike Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously shopping a V Star 650 for my next build. I'm curious to know of any substantial changes over the years that might narrow my search. I'm not talking about styling or color changes. One example would be did they ever make a switch from carburation to fuel injection? Engine changes, wheel sizes, suspension or anything else like that would be of interest.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2009 650 classic white
336 Posts
The only change that I can think of is the addition of a catalytic converter to the exhaust in 2007 or 2008, I'm not exactly sure which year. They also added a fuel cut off solenoid to the carbs at the same time. Other than that, they are all the same. Of course you do know the differences between the custom and classic ?

Reactions: Deeksvstarclassic

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only change that I can think of is the addition of a catalytic converter to the exhaust in 2007 or 2008, I'm not exactly sure which year. They also added a fuel cut off solenoid to the carbs at the same time. Other than that, they are all the same. Of course you do know the differences between the custom and classic ?
I've seen photos of these trim styles; Custom, Classic and Silverado. At this point I'm planning on changing the forks, bars, tank, seat, exhaust and rear fender so I'd probably lean towards the Custom unless a better deal comes up in the other styles. I'm also on the fence about the front wheel, I might leave the one I see in the Custom picture but probably change out the one that comes with Classic or Silverado.

·
Registered
5,421 Posts
I would think for your application you would be best off with the custom. The main style is either the classic and custom with a couple of variations of each. Classic has spokes which i don't think you are looking for. The seats are different also. Good luck and stop by often and let us know how it is going.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts